Sunday, February 25, 2024

Curvy Stripes and Dots

Join me for the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge!

Hi all!

Welcome to another Sisterhood of Crafters challenge!  The challenge this time is Dots and/or Stripes, what will you create?

I've felt like I've been in a creative slump lately, but this card brings me hope my mojo is returning!  Slim line cards are not a go-to for me, but each one I've made, I really like...so I will have to make them more often!  As I was creating, the current Tic Tac Toe challenge in the back of my mind as well, Flowers, Stripes/Dots and Green.  

Altenew's Double Rainbow Slim stencil was an alternative to the traditional vertical/horizontal stripe, it gives off stripes still, right?  The panel was first ink blended with Minty Mint Crisp Dye ink to make the paper a pale green.  Then the stencil was placed on top and ink blended with Sweet Leaf.  It didn't have the punch I was looking for, so I spritz it with some Fresh Leaf Metallic Shimmer Spray.  That definitely made the stripes pop!

Next, the flowers are from Altenew's Wildly Loved mini set.  If you haven't tried their mini sets, I highly recommend!  They usually a layered stamp set with coordinating dies and a die sentiment.  They're adorable!  Keeping in the same color family, the lighter flowers are stamped with Minty Mint, Sweet Leaf, and Just Green, while the darker flower was stamped without the Minty Mint, and finished with Hunter Green.  These flowers definitely give me Greenbriar vibes...  The leaves in green would have blended in, so instead Dew Drops, Aqualicious and Teal Cave to give a subtle contrast but keep the card as green as possible.

The sentiment is from the Wildly Loved set and so sweet.  'Loved' was die cut from some of the scrap of my ink blended paper with a little bit of Aqualicious and Hunter Green was added to the base to make it stand out.  The coordinating stamp was stamped in Hunter Green as well.  Finally, I've had these glitter gems in my stash forever and had to use them for my dots!!  How pretty are they?!

Now go make your card with stripes or dots, and if your a double challenge maker like myself, you could even head over to Tic Tac Toe...Hope to see you in our gallery!

Have a colorful day!


4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin your fresh Spring green is a treat for the eyes this morning. Of course, these flowers don't disappoint - I have a few of those minis and they are a delight!
Circles, stripes - who's counting? lol
=]

Rosanne Mulhern said...

Such a fresh and pretty card, Kristin...thanks for sharing it with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

Darlene said...

I would have never guessed your mojo was lacking! This is AWESOME and LOVE your overall design! That floral swag really pops against that fabulous background! Well done my friend! Wishing you a great day ahead!

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed!