Friday, February 16, 2024

Late to the game...

Tim Holtz Distress Inks...who knew?


Hi all!

Welcome to another challenge with CAS on Friday!  I am so grateful you are here and hope you find inspiration for your personal creating.  Be sure to visit each of our DT's blogs and hear about their processes...you never know what you'll find out!

Like here's a little tid bit I bet you didn't know....I have never used Distress inks.  I know...for shame!  I am very late to the Tim Holtz Distress Inks game.  I purchased a bunch back in the fall, but just now pulled them out to see what the hype is about.  I don't understand the magic that these ink posses, but I think I get it!  The texture of the inks are so creamy without being sloppy and they do blend like a DREAM!  


Using Pickled Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, Faded jeans, Villainous Potion and Hickory Smoke with Spellbinders sponge applicators and the Altenew Circle Mask and Stencil, the little glimpse into space is the perfect backdrop for my 'vintage' rocket stamp.  The stars are water splatters as well as splatters from metallic silver, blue and black watercolors.


This stamp is one of the very few maculine stamp sets I have in my extensive collection.  I probably should get a few more with a hubby, dad, brother and 2 nephews in my life!  They are sorely neglected.  Any hoo, this is an old Papertrey Ink set called Out of this World.  They have a new one in its place if you're looking for a cute outerspace set.


After stamping the sentiment with Altenew obsidian ink, cute little enamel stars were added to complete this little space scene.  I think I'll pop this card into the mail to my little nephew, he fell and cracked his knee cap over the weekend and hopefully it will cheer him up!

Now go check out the other DT's masculine cards to help ignite your creative process, I know I will be!

Have a colorful day!

1 comment:

I Card Everyone said...

Welcome to the party, Kristin! They are my favorite inks for water coloring, too!
Poor kid - this cutie should cheer him up a little [especially if it's attached to the top of a box of Legos!]
=]