Friday, March 1, 2024

I HAD to do it....

 Princess Bride card?  Thank Inigo Montoya...

Hi all!

It's that time again...CAS on Friday has a new challenge today!  Thank you everyone that has played along with us so far, we love seeing your creations there!  The challenge them this time around is HELLO...you can get creative on what type of card, but be sure to keep it CAS in design.

When I saw the challenge for this fortnight, I thought of the many, many hello stamp sets and dies I had on hand.  I even went through all my scrap sentiments during the search.  While thumbing through all the stamp sets, I came across a set I had never used before.  As a matter of fact, it's been in my stash for over 8 years and has never seen a touch of ink...


All my Gen Xers will appreciate this set!!  This stamp is from The Ink Roads As You Wish set with a quote from the movie The Princess Bride!  It is one of the best movies ever made, my hubby and I quote it often in our conversations.  It even had a resurgence during Covid, many Hollywood actors were recreating scenes from the movie when quarantined, they were quite hysterical...


This set is unfortunately retired...but they do have a ton of sassy and sweet stamp sets and lots sets based on movies if you like a to make cards with a good giggle!


It was stamped with Altenew Crimson and Permanent Black inks with a little bit of masking to get both colors on the image.  It was then fussy cut and added to a card front with a foam strip.  It's finished off with a few black enamel dots, and viola!  A super easy, CAS hello card.  Now, go make your CAS cards and share them to the gallery...we'd love to see them!

I think I'll go and whip out a few more cards to make my hubby smile...have a colorful day!

No comments: