Monday, May 1, 2023

The struggle is real...CHALLENGE WINNER!

 Hi all!  I have to admit...CAS cards are HARD for me!  I want to add patters, and textures, and embellies, and die cuts, and, and, and....  I'm am generally a 'more is better' kind of girl, or as my girls would say "extra"!

When crafting earlier this evening, I made a background paper with my new favorite kit, the Altenew Craft Your Life Engraved Motifs.  I love this color green and love the versatility of this kit.  Since I didn't use it, and I couldn't let it go to waste, I decided to try my hand again at this weeks CAS Colors and Sketches challenge #509.  This is my second one, my first is here.

Again, sorry for the photo...its late here and my lighting is terrible!

I decided to add color behind the flower with a blender brush and Volcano Lake ink from Altenew.  I framed it out by using a post-it note.  The sentiment is from Altenew Sentiment Strips, its a great set to have on hand.

I HAD to be just a little bit 'extra' and added 3 simple sequins for a touch of sparkle.  This is only my second slim line card, and I get why they're popular.  I need to find my envelope punch so I can make cute envelopes for them!

Thanks for visiting me today, have a colorful day!



4 comments:

Cécile RIBON said...

Lovely clean design and lovely colors! Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S this week.

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

No one would every guess that you have difficult with clean and simple. This is absolutely gorgeous. I'll even let the tiny "extras' slide ;-). Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CC&S

Rachel D said...

Love your take on our sketch, Kristin, and the colouring is beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC&S!

Michal said...

What a pretty card! Love the flowers and the partial blended square behind them. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!