Sunday, May 7, 2023

JUGS of Lemonade

 Hi all!


I just had to participate today with the JUGS color challenge #678.  Pink and yellow remind me of summer and pink or strawberry lemonade...and I'm a southern girl at heart so I'm a SUCKER for lemonade!


I am sorry again for the photos...I really need to take them during the day or invest in some good indoor lighting for my photos...They've come across as orange and pink...

I started with the watercolor paper.  I have lots of old re-inkers from my days with Stampin Up! so I used the Pretty in Pink re-inker and some pigment yellow powder on the paper.  I have been playing with the pigment powders lately, they're lots of fun but seriously messy!   I splashed those colors around on the paper, then lightly tapped it with a baby wipe to help give variation to the background.  After it dried, I used Altenew Puffy Heart and Fresh Lemon watercolor paints to add my splatters to the background.


Next, I pulled out The Greetery Slices die set, because I really do have a lemon obsession.  I think I have 3 lemon stamp sets and 2 die cut sets...and my kitchen is yellow and navy blue...with lemons...  I cut white cardstock and vellum paper to make my lemon slices, and I added Altenew Fresh Lemon and Pinkalicous inks to the vellum paper to give the slices a little color.  I have a small collection of jar PET stickers, so I thought I'd use that to ground out my arrangement.  I like that it adds a little shine to this, just like a jar!



The strip of patterned paper was cut from an old PTI bookmark die I have and in my scrap container, I found some luscious pink seam binding ribbon I used to use ALL THE TIME.  Its so beautiful and feminine...I couldn't resist using it.  The yellow bakers twine finishes off the bow perfectly.  I added the sentiment from Altenew's Main Squeeze set then finished with the sequin sparkles to complete the project!

I hope you've had a colorful day!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Love your watercolor effect with our colors on this really pretty card! The lemons on vellum are soooo cool and I always love seam binding ribbon! So glad you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin, this is such a delicious card! LOve your lemon slices backed with colored vellum!
=]

Tammy Fite said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!

cm said...

Kristin, your pink lemonade card is breath-taken-away stunning! WOW! Thrilled you shared this in the Just Us Girls gallery.
~carol