Thursday, May 18, 2023

Wedding season

 Hello all!

Did you know I spent over 15 years as a florist/event designer?  Yup.  We did weddings, parties and corporate events, I've even traveled internationally to produce events.  I loved the creating, the coordination and the looks on peoples faces as they entered a room we had completed.  It was an incredibly challenging but rewarding job! 

I have been in pre-release mode for Altenew (more on that at a later date) and decided to set that aside for the day and work on some challenges.  Since wedding season is upon us, and we have a couple to go to this summer, the JUGS Challenge #679 helped me get started on my cards for the showers and wedding.  I adored this one from the design team, and this lovely one reminded me of the technique I used today.

This was a REALLY simple card to create, and I even used some left over shimmer blush paper from my own wedding 8 years ago.  Appropriate for this I felt.

I started with Altenew's Engraved Motifs embossing folder and inked the negative side with some gold pigment ink.  After the paper was embossed, using an ink blending brush, I added some Pink Pearl to the centers of the flowers.

The sentiment from Altenew's Leaf Canopy was stamped and embossed with gold on vellum to keep the over all look soft and pretty.  The gems have been sitting in my gem box for eons and had to see the light of day.

Thanks for visiting and have a colorful day!!

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love getting to know my fellow card makers, Kristin! How wonderful that you've brought your talent for floral arrangements to making beautiful cards for weddings and ALL other occasions!
I'm working on my JUGS card photo - great minds?
LOve your inked embossing in gold and the pink and gold combination is a classic in my book - so pretty!
=]

Nancy said...

Kristin, Thanks for sharing a bit of your creative history with us, it totally makes sense why you are so talented with paper too. What a cool job that must have been. I can totally see how you were inspired by Bobby's card, yours is just as gorgeous! I think I am going to have to get my hands on a pretty embossing folder like this. Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls.

Lisa Kind said...

Wow, this is so pretty! I love the shimmer. I am hosting my niece's shower this weekend and I feel like a wedding coordinator with all the favors, flowers and plans for wedding decorations she and I are planning! You must have been very successful and fulfilled in your career. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!