Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Greenbrier Duo - FMS 585 DESIGN TEAM SHOUT OUT

  Hi all!

Just a quick card using the inspiration from the Freshly Made Sketches and the Flower Challenge.  The sketch was the launching point, and the pastel colors were inspired by The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia.  One of our ALL TIME favorite places to go to!

The room that inspired this card it called the Trellis Room.  Its filled with mint green, hot pink, lavender and dark green. Sounds scary eh?  Dorthy Draper was a GENIUS when it came to color combos and decor, so I look to her for inspiration not only for my creations but even in my own home!  (My children refer to our decor as circus chic).



I started with the background color for this card, just like the Trellis room, I had to use Altenew's Minty Mint ink for the color to match the wall color. Next, I used the background die cut came from Altenew's Circle Quilt Cover die to correlate with the Freshly Made Sketches design for this week. I trimmed the circles into a strip for the panels in the sketch.  

The beautiful flowers come from Altenew's Wildy Loved mini stamp set.  Who knew so much detail and fun could come from a mini set??  It's amazing what they do...

I made the flower in both pink and purple using Altenew Shade of Purple Cherry Blossom  and Green Meadows ink sets.  The layers are wonderful and such an easy and impactful set for being a mini set! The die cut 'loved' also comes from this set and is cut from an old SU! color, Perfectly Plum if I remember correctly?

I guess that's it!

Have a colorful week!

2 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the color palette and the trellis look you created! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Bobby said...

I love how you were inspired by the decor of the Trellis Room, Kristin. The circle strips made a great background for your lovely little flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.