Monday, May 8, 2023

Hibiscus Birthday - CHALLENGE WINNER!

 Hello all!

I've been blessed to have been able to spend part of the day in the studio.  I love lazy days....tomorrow I will be focusing on yard work...boo...


I decided to create this card for the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge blog with this image as the inspiration.  THe image has tropical flowers, so I grabbed my Altenew Hibisucs 3D die set to create this card. 



I used watercolor paints from Altenew with Puffy heart and Midnight Iris and mixed them together to create a verigated swatch of color.  I die cut my 2 flower pieces from that then repeated the same thing with Evergreen, Forest Glades and Bamboo paints.

For the background I painted Lagoon and splattered some on as well, then covered it with the Altenew Plaid Builders B die trimmed down to a small square.


Its been finished off with the Altenew Label Love stamp set for the Happy Birthday sentiment.

5 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Wow, this Hibiscus is stunning and I love the color palette and card design. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Donna Ellis said...

Wowser, Kristin! Those layers, rich colors, and fabulous composition in your background make this masterpiece breathtaking! I love the details right down to the splatters, yellow stamen, and geometric background! Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

cm said...

kristin, your card is absolutely gorgeous!
I saw your comment over at Inkspirational; we'll have the issue resolved soon. Hope you'll check back and share your creativity with us. We so appreciate your enthusiasm and talents.
~carol

cm said...

Hello again, Kristin! Your comment on my rainbow hoop has planted a smile alllll over my face! Thank you so much! We're sorting out the Linky right now; just awaiting word from the company's owner. Stay tuned...
~carol

Aimeslee Winans said...

Such an eyecatcher in all it's inky glory!
Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
xoxo, Aimeslee