Thursday, April 20, 2023

Slimline CAS Flowers

 Hello all!  I may be able to embrace the CAS style...these cards can be super quick to make!  The design team at CAS Colors & Sketches are continuing my CAS journey this week with this sketch challenge:


 This is my first slimline sized card.  I absolutely LOVED this card from the design team, its so pretty and the popped die cut is fantastic. I started with the Altenew Dainty Bouquet stamp set for the decorated panel. 


I love this set, but still struggle with lining up the image perfectly.  Practice makes perfect, so I will keep working at it! I used Altenew Mountain Mist, Silver Lake and Cloudy Night inks.  I loved the mist color, it's so soft and beautiful!

Since I needed another thank you card, I decided to use the Altenew Script Words 2 die set.  Its a go to set of mine.  I cut 3 in white and 1 in gray, then stacked them together to give it dimension.  I completed the sentiment with an item from the Sentiment Strips set with the Mountain Mist ink.


I'm headed out of town to celebrate my daughter away at college this weekend, so I'll see you all on Monday!  Have a colorful weekend!!


4 comments:

Lucy said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the colours you've used to build this floral panel and it fits the sketch perfectly. Thank you so much for joining us at CC&S :)

Michal said...

What a beautiful card, Kristin! I love the stamped floral pattern, it looks like pattern paper!! I couldn't tell you struggled with the alignment of the stamps, it looks perfect to me :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

Lesley's Stampin Trix said...

Beautiful card, I love slimlines :) The paper is really pretty and lovely with the thanks, I think you did a great job lining up that whimsical font :)

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Love love love both of your cards, so beautiful. For someone who has accepted the difficult challenge of Clean and Simple - you achieved your goal beautifully. Any "extras", as you mentioned on your other beautifully done challenge entry, can be overlooked. Great job, thanks for joining us at CC&S