Sunday, April 30, 2023

Trying something new...

 Hi all!  Its late here, I've enjoyed spending time in my studio this evening trying something new!  I was inspired buy the Shopping Our Stash challenge #495 this week, Fun Folds.  I am not generally a fancy fold card kind of girl, but when I saw the Sunday Stamps #308 layout challenge...my creative juices started flowing!  Also, since I'm trying to re-establish myself in the blog-o-sphere after my 2+ year hiatus, I'm also entering this in the Krafty Chicks #661 All Occasions challenge and the Addicted to CAS #236 Window Challenge, it's not exactly CAS...but it has a window?

Please forgive my horrible photo...like I said it's late here and my lighting is terrible!

The layout is where I started.  I have this window die for the panel to the left, used the flowers on the die cut for the circle in the layout and reversed the sentiment strip.  Also, in keeping with the 'shop my stash' theme, the roses are from a project I did a couple weeks ago but went another direction and the 'Hello' die has been in my sentiment left over box for YEARS!

This is also a tri-folded card, in that the sentiment and the flowers are folded over the card base...
Here is what the fold over looks like open...



Have a colorful week!



8 comments:

dj said...

Great job combining challenges!! I am on the design team for both Sunday Stamps and Shopping Our Stash...you rocked both of these challenges!! The sketch from Sunday Stamps and the fancy fold challenge from Shopping Our Stash. Beautiful card!!

Heather said...

What a fun fold - love the double banner, hiding a secret message, lol! Pretty flowers, and lovely sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

AlisonC said...

Oh I really like that idea of the folding flowers. A great idea for a fancy fold without being too fancy! I might have to borrow it. lol. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a great colour scheme and the touch of gold really brings it alive Kristin. Thank you for coming to play at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

Claire Broadwater said...

Kristen, this is gorgeous! I love the background and all the beautiful flowers! The window frame is so creative, too! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

SmilynStef said...

That is a super-fun fold indeed ... love those colors, especially that splattered background ... so very glad you joined us at Shopping Our Stash.

Heidi Baks said...

I love how this week's sketch worked well with your fancy fold! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Stef Perry said...

Kristin, this is a wonderful take on our SSC sketch! The scene you created with the pretty flowers outside a window is a wonderful take on the sketch and incorporating a fun fold was such a clever element to add! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Sunday Stamps!