Monday, May 1, 2023

What an Honor! - GUEST DESIGNER!

 Hello all!

Welcome to my blog Paper Fiori!  I am honored to have been chosen to be the guest designer today at Color Hues Color Challenge today!  Color challenges are always my favorite, they inspire me to try combos I wouldn't try normally.  Like this card I made here.  I NEVER try combos like that, but trying it out, got me here today! 


This week, the challenge has 2 colors that would add cheer to anyone that received a creation with this combo.  Hot pink and cyan, those colors POP!  Cyan is one of my favorites, what girl doesn't love a Tiffany box color?  I decided to use all dies for this...minus the sentiment...I pulled out 2 dies I haven't used in YEARS!  Altenew Peony Dream 3D and the Candy Cane Stripe cover die.  

I started by using Altenew's Aqualicious ink with a blending tool on the corners of white card stock. Then I placed the Candy Cane Stripe background die over it.  
Next, I used a blending brush with Altenew's Cherry Blossom ink set to create the variegated colors for the flowers.  I die cut each piece of the flowers in the graduated colors from the ink set.  After completing the die cuts, I sprinkled the pieces with watered down white paint and Altenew's Rubelite watercolor brush marker.  
I die cut the leaves out of silver shimmer paper, SU! basic gray and vellum papers.  The sentiment came from Altenew's Best Mom stamp and die set and stamped with Industrial Diamond ink.  The card was finished off with a splatter with the Evening Gray watercolor brush  and a few iridescent sequins to add some sparkle!  Now I'm ready for Mother's day!!

Thanks again for visiting my blog today.  Be sure to visit the other designers from Color Hue and give them some love!

Have a colorful day!

Kristin

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Kristin, As I previously mentioned your card is as lovely as can be. I always get so happy to read that our colors at Color Hues inspire card makers to use a color combo they would not typically use. By your gorgeous results, you should file this color combo away to use again so. So happy to have you with us!

Karen said...

Kristin, what a wonderful card and a beautiful way to showcase this round of colors for Color Hues! We're honored to have you with us this round!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card Kristin! I love your striped background with the beautiful flowers...sooooooo pretty!! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Color Hues and inspiring our players with your lovely, lovely card!! :0)

JulieP said...

This is stunning!!! I love all of the details, right down to the perfect splatters. Thanks so much for guesting with us at Color Hues!!!

Stef Perry said...

This is a truly gorgeous card, Kristin! I totally love the die cut florals against the striped background and the two corners underneath inked with Aqualicious! I'm so glad you agreed to be our guest designer for this challenge!

Cindy Beach said...

How wonderful having you join us, Kristin! The layered florals are gorgeous and make a focal point filled with color and dimension. I love your use of color in the corners under the pretty background die. A very stunning design, and the recipient will love it!

Julie B said...

Gorgeous card Kristin, love the bold blooms on the die cut background. Those ink sets from Altenew certainly make life easier when creating layered images. So pleased to have you GD with us this time. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

What a beautiful card Kristin! The big Altenew bloom looks fabulous in our colours for the challenge! Thank you for guesting with us!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!

cm said...

Kristin, your card is breath-takingly gorgeous! You've embraced the challenge colours with style and flair! WOW! Thrilled to have you as our guest designer.
~carol