Friday, January 11, 2013

*Whew*!

I've been a busy beaver!  It's been so much fun creating, I'm starting to feel like the old me again.  It's nice.

I started the long....and pricey....process of acquiring all that PaperTrey Ink has to offer, but they just keep coming out with more.  That's a good problem to have I guess, 'cause that just means I get more goodies!  I purchased this set months ago...during my hiatus....and they are just now seeing ink.  So the season is off, but I really wanted to use these stamps.  So, I did.

The ladies at PTI are hosting their weekly Make It Monday series.  I missed last weeks....I was sooo bummed....but jumped right in with both feet for this challenge!  You are to use one of the 6 provided rainbow collections with repeated stamping.  Thus the Repeat and Rainbows name for this week!  I chose to use #5, 'cause I thought it was the only collection that went well with this set.

The larger card is stamped on a natural paper that has flecks in it.  In the photo is looks almost like smudges - they're not....just so you know....


 The leaves are stamped in a rainbow down the page.  I then went back and stamped the veining with white ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I tried it the other way, but it didn't look as good and the ink on the embossed parts just kept smearing everywhere.
 I do think I may like the smaller one better.  It only took 3 minutes to make.  

Short and sweet and to the point!
 

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

They're both beautiful, but I like the 2nd one just a little bit more...probably because it is so CAS! Great way to use the rainbow though and I will have to remember this technique in the fall! :0)

Suzanne Russell said...

The season may be off but the cards are right on! Great job on the challenge. : )

Nicole Parmentier said...

I love them both!!

Kristen :-) said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love them both! so stunning... making me wish i had those stamps.. they have been on my wish list forever!

Kristi said...

Very Pretty!!