Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pomegranate Pink Prayers

Howdy ho!  I've made another card for the Moxie Fab:75 Creative Card Challenge - Make your own background....say that 5x fast....  But f irst, how cool are those vellum leaves?  I made them with PTI Leaf Prints and heat embossed them.  I love how that came out.


I was playing around and created this background on white glossy paper.  I first stamped and embossed the leaf veining with white EP.  I then sprayed the paper with a little water then sprayed pomegranate and vintage pink shimmer sprays.  I let them pool around some of the embossing to give it a little more dimension. 

I think I may have gone a little too monochromatic and added too many embellies with this one.  I think I like how it came out.  Or, at least it's growing on me. 

I get to spend a few hours in my craftin' spot tomorrow instead a a few minutes here and there.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Gabby said...

Beatutiful card! You're inky awesome! Such a pretty color and bkgrd. I never think to use leaves on many cards that aren't fall-themed. Don't know why because they're on the trees from spring through late fall but ... . Thanks for helping me see the 'leafy light!' :)