Saturday, March 19, 2011

Recycled DoodlePantry

Hi Ladies!
What a VERY crazy week...I'm exhausted...packing for our spring break trip, planning the schools' spring parties, 1 kid with strep throat, 1 kid with a fever, 1 sick hubby with a sinus infection and ear drum issues.  It's not surprising I didn't get much time in my craftin' spot.

I did however find time to create for this week's Our Creative Challenge, recycle a container in some way.  This week, the challenge is hosted Rebecca and is sponsored by DoodlePantry Digi Stamps!  I have to admit, this is the first time I have ever used anything digi...I think I may be hooked...  I've always presumed I needed a big, expensive photo program.  Not the case here!  I was able to use them with Microsoft Word...enlarge, reduce, impose...super easy peezy! 

Because of my recent addiction to my Skinny Caramel Lattes, I have several of these containers laying around, just for this challenge. 

Here is the reason I think I may be addicted to digi stamps, I printed out all the papers...so adorable... on white card stock.  AND I could do it again...and again, and again...make them bigger or smaller.  They're so versatile!  I enlarged the blue gingham, reduced the red gingham, and imposed the strawberry image on top of it so I could fussy cut it.  The leaves I colored in with my Copics...not very well I might add...  I also added the sentiment...included in the digi kit...over the yellow gingham and die cut it with the adorable Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio Three frame I recently received.  I paired it with my favorite coffee cup, nice, heavy, and holds a lot. 

Alright, now go and recycle something fabulous then post it up on the OCC challenge.  Need some inspiration?  Check out the rest of the design teams creations here.

8 comments:

Dame Nina said...

Is that latte made with Hills Bros? I'm addicted to English Toffee capuccino and am thinking of all those containers I've wasted. Now I know what to do with them. Beautiful!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi Kristin- I love how you used the digis! I'm new to them too, and I didn't even think to layer them. This is such a nice little gift set. Hope you have a great weekend!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a darling project! You did such a super job with your first digi use. I'm definitely hooked on digital paper - so much fun! This is so sweet with all the gingham and the doily - love how you paper pieced the strawberry. Hope your family recovers soon and that you have a great spring break!

Hugs,
Linda

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, I think your coffee can is totally adorable! and thank you for the tip on how to use digi paper. I would never have thought you can change the size, or impose an image on top! Wow! You're pretty smart and talented!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is an amazing project Kristin!! So love how you used that digi!!

Diane Gilbert said...

Kristin your recycled project is so cute! What a great idea! Sometimes those addictions are good for something, lol! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love your project! So glad you save those tins! Thanks for the great shout out for Doodle Pantry too. Glad you had fun with the digis. If you'd use the other two, be sure to let me know and I'll send them along. I hope everyone is feeling better! I had a sickie-boo this week too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love these… thanks for sharing

R, A
here's my site too