Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feelin' blue...

Do you ever get that way?  I've been a bit 'blue' the last 2 days, don't know why.  Until...  I got an exciting e-mail yesterday that just made my day!!!  I won't share it with you yet, but it pulled me out of my doldrums and got me movin' again...thanks Terre and Stacy... 
I didn't get into my papers, but my fabrics instead.  Now - I have to admit that I am a hoarder.  Not the kind you see on tv...really, I'm not...but like many of us, I'm not only a paper hoarder, but fabric and clothing...to embellish...hoarder.  I don't sew as much as I would like, but always have great ideas for things and like to have the supplies on hand if I ever make the time to follow through with them.  I like to repurpose clothing, and there was a great post by Jen at Tattertots & Jello...a great blog for the general crafter...using cardigans.  I picked a few up at the local consignment shop for myself, mom & daughter.  I made this last night for Lily.

I've had these fabrics for a LONG time now, I liked the color combination....and that they all coordinated...but have never found a good use for them, until now!  A few buttons...couldn't use too many, 'cause I would have depleated my stash...and I made a fabric creation.