Monday, March 7, 2011

Lucky...

Did you hear about the amount of submissions for the last Paper Crafts Magazine Go-To-Sketches call?  Over 2750 entries!  I did 10 submissions, and was lucky to have 1 accepted ....considering the competition...  Even one of the Go-To-Gals only had one accepted!  It really shows that PC's selection process is really 'blind',  in that they don't look at who made the card, just at the creation itself.  That's one of the things I really respect and enjoy about their process, and I'm completely honored each and everytime I have something accepted!
I had a few I was really proud of that didn't make the cut, and I thought I'd share them with you this week.   Here are the sketches the wanted us to use when creating our cards.  For this card I used sketch 81.  I think this was my favorite submission...including the one that was accepted...

Did you have some submissions that weren't accepted?  Share them here at Damask Love, Amber is hosting a Reject Blog Hop!  After seeing all the gorgeous projects here, the next PC Go-To-Sketches issue is going to be AMAZING!!!

6 comments:

Glenda J said...

This is so fun! Love the bright colours and the fibres. Congrats on the acceptance!

Cindy Beach said...

This is great, love the buttons and ribbons together. What a thrill to have one accepted, congrats!
I checked out those sketches - they were amazing and out of the ordinary - can't wait to see the results.

Susan said...

I really like your card and just love the way you used the button for the "o" in hello!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute and colorful and cheery! I just love how you tied the buttons to the front...fabulous!! Great job!! ♥♥♥

megha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
megha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.