Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hoo’s ready for Halloween?

I mean really, summer isn’t even here! But that’s how it rolls in the land of glossy magazines. The last call for Paper Crafts focused on Halloween…it was difficult to get in the mood… I had so many ideas for it, but alas, the flu, strep and ear infection bugs had other plans for my time. This was the only card I had time to get done...finished the first day of the call… I really love her! Isn’t she just adorable? I was so disappointed she didn’t get picked, but that’s how the cookie crumbles. When you partake in the submission process, you have to get a thick skin. Even if your creation is wonderful…as this little owl chick is…it just might not fit in the plans of the issue they have. Don’t ever give up on it. Dust yourself off, puck up the glue runner and start again! What to do with the rejects? Get yourself an ETSY account and start pondering your wares. You’ll be surprised what your buyers want!

Halloween Hoo

3 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

OMG, how could they NOT pick this?!! I love it! I just printed the instructions. My son's gf loves owls!! Thank you for sharing!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wow!!! I cannot believe this one didn't get picked up. I had one from the Halloween category that didn't get picked up either, but I like yours more ;) This card is so freakin' cute!!

Anonymous said...

Holly Molly! This is one of the most creative cards I've seen! I just can't believe it wasn't picked. It's truly a work of art!