Saturday, March 26, 2011

ATC or Baseball


Did you know that ATC cards are the same size as a baseball card? I didn’t. I bet your wondering why I’m bring this up. Well, for 2 reasons.

First, let me explain the baseball card reference. My hubby is a baseball fan…more like maniac… He has been collecting baseball cards since he was a kid. To tell him I was pregnant with our first daughter, I bought him special baseball cards to soften the blow…I wasn’t sure how he would take it… Part of the reason we are in Bradenton Florida instead of Orlando, is because they have Spring Training games…everywhere… His collection of baseball cards is outrageous. Over 1 million…he’s been at it a LONG time…he gets them signed, he has us get the big name players…they like kids and ladies with big ta-ta’s…like Brady Sizemore, Evan Longorria, Darryl Strawberry, even Reggie Jackson and George Steinbrenner.

Why am I bringing this up? Because, ATC’s are the challenge this week at Our Creative Corner! When I told Rebecca I didn’t know anything about ATC’s she told me it was the same size as a baseball card – something I could obviously relate to. Rebecca challenges us to make an ATC card using kraft, ivory, chocolate and a color of your choice. I have NEVER done an ATC card before…shocking, I know…I just never understood them. What do you use them for? Are they to trade or collect? It really boggled my mind. So when Rebecca posted this challenge, I thought, “Really? People actually make these?” Still, I decided to head into it full force, and admittedly, I really liked making this! Now I have to say, that I made it Sunday night, at 10 p.m. ...I had to since I had spent the week acting like Nurse Betty to my family and had NO time to create…we were leaving for our trip at 5:30 a.m. Monday. It came together really quickly…that’s why I like them… I used some blog candy I won from Clean & Simple Stamps…I’ve been so lucky lately, I should get some lotto tickets… They sent me the most adorable stamps and dies, Spring ( ) and GORGEOUS buttons, and Scortape and brads. I love these boots! I wish I could have a pair…my feet are too big…so I’ will live vicariously through my children and this stamp set.  I took these photos with my new Thunderbolt phone...it's so cool...but it didn't catch the shine from the clear embossed puddle.

7 comments:

Diane Gilbert said...

Kristin this is adorable! I love your ATC, gives me a feeling of spring, and boy am i ready for spring! Great job on the challenge.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love your sweet ATC, Kristin. Really like the way you kept it simple. I tired to, but couldn't stop myself from piling on the embellishments. I always like pink and browns together and the boots are adorable. Hope you had a great spring break and that the kids and DH are recovered from the strep throat!

Hugs,
Linda

Lori Rider said...

This is so cute, Kristin! I love your boots and the different textures from the embossing and string. Super sweet!

Vicki Burdick said...

So stinkin' cute Kristin! Love those pink boots!!!

Sarah Gough said...

wow...over a million cards! Amazing! I LOVE those pink boots, adorable!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

A million baseball cards!?! Wow. Your ATC is really cute- I love the mud on the boots! Hope you had a great weekend!

Nicki said...

Super cute...ATC's are fun and quick - great for mass production projects. Your little spring scene looks awesome!