Friday, August 23, 2019

So EXCITED!!!!!



Hi y'all!

I am SUPER excited to share some news today!  I applied and was recently chosen to be a part of the Altenew Educator Certification Program....or AECP for short....!  I am SO incredibly excited to work with them.  Returning to paper crafting after a nearly 6 year hiatus, kept finding these gorgeous stamped images on cards EVERYWHERE!  I did my research and found they were from Altenew.  I was familiar with Jennifer Rzasa back before I disappeared because we were on the 'Our Creative Corner' Design Team together!....its a small world!.....  now, she's one of the geniuses behind Altenew!....I can sort of say 'I knew her when'....

Anyhoo, part of the program is participating in some of the classes they offer.  The first class I have completed is the All About Layering class.  This is actually offered for free on the Altenew website!  It has great techniques you may or may not already know, and they also explain some of the layered stamp sets for you so you can excel at using them.  The 3 cards to the left are some I created from a few of the lessons in the class.  They were made a few weeks before I was officially accepted into the program....but I had already started the class.....

I have completed all the lessons in the class, and I have created a card....well 3 MORE actually....using several of the lessons combined into one project.  The card below includes techniques from Lessons 2, 4 and 5. 

I used gold embossing powder with the layered Beautiful Day stamp set, both on the background stamping and on the main flower image.  I opted not to put the gold on the green leaves, as I wanted the flower and its accented background to be the focal points.  I also went back in on the background stamp with a blender pen and some ink to create shading in the flowers and leaves.....you can see it a little better in the close-up photos....  

I also added some splatters to the background using some of my old Tattered Angels Shimmer Mists in Pomegrante and Vintage Pink as well as some gold shimmer watercolor paints.

I am also killing 2 birds with 1 stone, I'm entering this in this month's Altenew Inspiration Challenge.


I'll be posting my other 2 cards in a few, so stay tuned!!!

Have a colorful day!!

2 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

Congratulations on your first post! Your card is gorgeous! I love the colours you used and your layout too. I have a few things to point out though, first, please title your entry as Your Name-Course Name when you submit your entry. Example; Virginia Lu-All About Layering 1. Secondly, please try to increase the size of the rest of your photos as you have of the main photo so we can see the detail perfectly. Other than these two things, everything looks great!
Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery. Top job.

Virginia L. said...

These are beautiful work, Kristin! I love your use of deep and rich colors! Your stamping is superb! Way to go on starting AECP. Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done! I love your enthusiasm and extra projects! ps: I would agree with Erum's suggestions! Feel free to check out other participants blog to get some ideas about larger size photos. If you have any question, please feel free to reach out to me or/and Erum.