Saturday, August 31, 2019

My Guy

Hi y'all!

I'm just cruzin' along these AECP classes!  I must admit I created a stampin' widower this week....he's been so patient with  me....  My beloved hubby truly is the best!  He allowed me to build an AWESOME art studio....which I'm sure he's regretting right about now....where I've been spending a ton of time in this week!

The class I just took for AECP was For the Guys by Jennifer Rzasa.  I don't have boys, so my masculine stamping stock is minimal....other than patterned papers....  I had to think long and hard on how to use what I had to make masculine cards for my hubby.  Now I historically have made cards for him that are cheeky....pun intended....like this one, or have some sort of gnome reference....we have an affection for gnomes....like this one and this one

The class did give me some good ideas for cards.  So many in fact, while I thought I would just make 1 card,  I ended up making 3! 

 First, as an art major, I have a love for anything referencing a master artist.  Jennifer had a great idea for an Andy Warhol card and since I LOVE color I had to do one!

Obviously, when you look at this card, you don't think 'guy card' but my hubby is one rare bird!  I mean, just look at his fabulous fashion sense.  He is NOT afraid of color!  See what I mean on why this is a perfect card for him?

I used a free set I received from Altenew called Thanks Dad....and thanks Altenew!....  I loved the bow tie image and immediately thought of this stamp when Warhol came up!  I didn't add a sentiment, so I could use it for any occasion and possibly stick it in a frame for his desk.  And yes, it would match my color-lovin' house!

I added Altenew's Layered Plaid die B to each of the color panels in the background.  I realize it's busier than a Warhol, but it just called for a little something extra.

This second card I again used theAltenew Layered Plaid dies, both A & B.  I used masculine colors, but this card could easily be made in any color combination for man, woman or beast! 

I used the Wonderful Wycinanki for the damask motif.  I heat embossed it with 2 layers, silver and pearl silver.  It's a subtle difference and I like that.  It keeps it looking simple with such a fussy background.

Finally....this is my FAVORITE one for him!  It makes me giggle! 

I tried to think of different ways of using the Altenew stamps I own.  This was actually my second concept I created....but I had to save the best for last....  These stamps are from the Wonderful Wycinanki set!  They are supposed to be leaves, but I've made them into little flames for this card.  Aren't they adorable!?!

Using my handy Misti tool, I was able to make sure all the flames lined up perfectly and easily.  The orange and yellow stamping were done by hand.  I don't own any Altenew letter stamps or dies....yet....so I had to pull out a REALLY old Stampin' Up! one that I kept for a rainy day....It's not raining, but it is cloudy and that worked for me....  If I were to do it again, I would die cut the 'hot' part of the sentiment so as to keep the pattern from being broken up.

I'm going to spend tomorrow with my beloved and eldest daughter, so I won't be creating.  Well, maybe when they go to bed I'll sneak away....

Have a colorful day!



2 comments:

pamboe said...

I love how you saw a flame in that image. Great card!

Erum Tasneem said...

Your husband has STYLE!!! And your projects are on fire! So cool!! Amazing creations! Love the different look, layout, and style of your projects.
Thank you very much for entering your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery. Totally awesome work!