Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Gotta love COLOR!!





Hi y'all!

While today may be the first day of school for my kiddos, I won't start until the week after Labor Day....yay for me!!!....  I do however have to re-build my entire classroom due to a flood from all the rain we had in May.  They are 90% done with the construction and I can't wait to make it pretty again.

Since I'm in the 'back to school' mode today, I decided to head over to Paper Smooches for this month's challenge.  Kim offered us up 2 challenges in one - Back to School or Words (sentiments).  I decided to combine them both for my creation!


You might ask, what does painting have to do with back to school?  Well, I'm an art teacher so when I hear 'back to school', I think paint, brushes, paper, crayons, clay, glue, scraps, rocks, baby wipes, markers, pencils, ribbon, glitter......and so on.....  I used PS Word Salad for my sentiment and I Heart Art for my images.   I adore both of these sets, and my littlest artist....she's not so little anymore....loves to make book marks with them for school! 

I stamped the background sentiment with 4 shades of Altenew Gentleman's Grey inks so it would have a subtle ombre....thank goodness for MISTI!.....  I then stamped, colored and fussy cut the pallet and the brush.  Finally, I stamped and embossed the sentiment again on black paper, then added color to 'color' with Copic markers. 

I'm still working on my photography skills, so excuse the fuzzy edges!  Any suggestions or help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!



Have a colorful day!!!

No comments: