Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Red all over

Good morning!

The kiddos are off for their first day of school today, so I'm enjoying a quiet morning in my art studio.  It's a sad and happy day for me, hard to see them grow up another year,....5th and 10th grade - YIKES!.... but I am excited to have some free time to myself without any mama guilt.

I created a bunch of mixed media papers a while back and have been holding onto this gorgeous red paper for just the right project. I was playing around with a stencil, rubbing alcohol and re-inkers, and I absolutely loved how it came out!  The flower is from Altenew's Peony Bouquet.  It's embossed with white powder on black paper and the shading was done using a white charcoal pencil....that's a bit of an oxymoron don't you think?....  I think this is one of my most favorite cards I've made in a while!

I've decided to include this card for The Paper Players challenge this week; black, white and a color of your choice as well as the CAS on Friday challenge blogs.

Have a colorful day!!

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is stunning! What a gorgeous image, and done in such a pretty way! That background is amazing! You certainly put the first day back to school to good use! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Windy Ellard said...

A gorgeous card..love the background you created and those flowers are stunning! Thanks for sharing and playing along with the color challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Kristin, your red background is a big WOW! Love those gorgeous flowers, too! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

ÅsaJ said...

Such a beautiful and dramatic card! Thanks for joining CAS on Friday! Hugs Åsa