Monday, April 26, 2010

Just under the wire!

This weeks Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab was a challenge for me (hence the name I suppose)!  I just couldn't get into the circle napkins.  So every morning during my cup of tea I would take a glance at it and hope inspiration would hit me.  Nuthin...for days...  Perhaps I needed to pull out papers and it would flow out my fingers...like magic...do you still believe in magic?  I do.  However... still nuthin...  I decided to make a fabric yo-yo out of the colors hope that would get me un-stuck.  So this first card is what I did in about 8 minutes, and what do you know...I like it! 

Simple, to the point, perfect for...well I'm sure I'll find a reason to use it.  The color in the photo is a bit off, the purple satin is much more lavender than it looks here.
Now, since this card was so easy and I was impressed with my creative skills, I decided to create a second card.  With this one, I used the same color story, and also made the same patterned background but instead of circles, I used Dahlias.  It was pretty bold, so to soften it up, I placed a piece of vellum over it.  The large Dahlia on the front totally ate up my blender pen, so perhaps I should invest in some copics...


















4 comments:

Els said...

Such gorgeous cards, Kristin! That layered flower is just stunning!!

marley said...

fabulous cards! love that flower, such a great idea!

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

Super cute, girl! I love that you let inpsiration flow instead of exactly copying the card! --Kim

Sylvia said...

Really nice cards!