Saturday, May 1, 2010

Time flies!

Has it been really 5 days since I last posted?  How does the time fly by so fast?  We've been busy, school commitments, working as an event planner for my old boss a few days again, keeping up with family demands, planning fundraisers....I must say no to something, 'cause I'm tired of having to give up my creating time!  I can say no, I can say no, I can say no...

This is this weeks Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger.  I adore this outdoor set from West Elm.  Clean and simple wood slats, it reminds me of the beach house we stayed at for Spring Break.  Now, if it was my outdoor set, I would have yellow and blue with touches of pink flower pillows on it...with a chandelier above... wine chilling in a bucket...aahhh... *snap*  Back to reality.  These are the cards I made that were inspired by this photo.

Wasabi Thanks
I scored the white card stock in 1/2" increments to look like wood slats and added my new obsession on my cards, burlap.  I'm sure I'll get over that one soon enough.
Cardstock: White 110 lb, SU! Baha Breeze and Wild Wasabi
Inks:  SU! Wild Wasabi and White craft
Stamp set: PT Delightful Dahlia
Accessories: burlap, Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon, brown button, hemp twine

Florida Birthday
My dad turns 70 on the 16th...WOW he really doesn't seem to be that old to me ;) (hi dad).  This was inspired by him and my parents recent purchase of a new home off Hawk's Island in Bradenton Fl.  I'll be making a different one for him - I'm not sure this is special enough for such an amazing man.
Card Stock:  SU! Cool Caribean, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive; Amy Butler paper
Inks: SU! Chocolate Chip and Old Olive
Stamp Set: PT Delightful Dahlia
Accessories:  SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, burlap, mini buttons, SU! 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" square punches

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi Kristin,
Love your card! I have not played for awhile, wanted to give it a break!

Jill Coleman said...

Hi Kristin - I love both of your cards. They feel clean and "summery". Great score lines on the first card.

Laura said...

I really like the imaginative way you used the stamp set! Very cool.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World (x2)! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Great takes on the Tuesday Trigger! Love your use of texture!!

veronica said...

those colors are great!