Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I've really been creating...

I just haven't been posting!  (tisk, tisk)  I'll post all my updated cards this week so you can see what I've been up to lately.  Here is the first one to show you.  I've been hanging onto these felt lazer cut coasters from Micheals $1 bins for a while now.  Just waiting to find the perfect project for them.  When I saw this sketch for the CardPatterns #60 this week, they instantly popped into mind. 

I've been using this color combination alot lately, at least I'm consistant, it's the same colors of my home decor!  First, I turned the sketch on it's side, then used River Rock as the card base and attached a panel of Soft Sky (I wish this one was returning).  To the SS, I then sewn on a piece of this FANTASTIC TPS paper called Sweet Pea houndstooth blue (I must get more) and inked the edges with SU! White Craft.  Next,  May Arts white silk ribbon was used for the bow.  The felt coaster was then attached with several glue dots. 
I used my Labels 4 spellbinders for the sentiment, SU! Heard from the Heart with Close to Cocoa and White EP, and used my stylus to trace the inside of the die for a white frame on the vellum and stamped the back of the paper with Soft Sky and the SU! Houndstooth background stamp.  Finally, KaiserCraft bliss blue pearls to cover the holes of the button and attached it with a foam dot.  That's it!  Now who's birthday is this month....

3 comments:

whoistracy said...

Kristin this is gorgeous! Have to admit I haven't seen these coasters before but now I want some. LOL So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

dstandard said...

Gorgeous card - love this! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

dalla said...

beautiful..i love ur combination ribbon n felt coaster..very nice