Friday, April 23, 2010

Thanks Grandma

EDIT:  I made the ColorQ royal court with this card!  Thanks for the acknowedgement ladies!

This is a thank you card for Rob's Grandma 'T'.  She is always so generous with our family and she gave Lily a nice gift for her birthday.  She always deserves an extra special card from us.  This was made combining 2 challenges (crazy, I know!)  First the 2S4U #50 bonus layout challenge by Heather, a great simple layout allowing the elements to shine!  Second, the ColourQ challenge.  This is the first ColourQ challenge I have done but I've been watching their site for a while now.  They always come up with interesting color combinations, and this was no exception!  I used a May Arts striped burgandy and ivory ribbon and colored the ivory stripes with a YoYo Yellow marker.  Next time I would use Pumpking Pie. 

P.S. No such luck on getting to bed early, it's currently 2:21 a.m.  Perhaps I'll be able to sleep in???

Thanks Grandma!
Card stock:  SU! Green Galore, Whisper White and YoYo Yellow, vellum paper
Inks:  SU! Pumpkin Pie (I don't have the tangerine color) SU inks Bravo Burgandy, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie and YoYo Yellow,  and SU! YoYo Yellow marker
Stamp Sets:  Delightful Dahlia (Paper Trey)
Accessories:  green beads, green glitter, May Arts striped burgandy and ivory ribbon, blender pen

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is super cute! Love those stamps from PaperTrey Ink! Thanks for playing along with us at Colour Q!

cnelson said...

What a perfectly gorgeous card!!

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful card! Lovely wide ribbon! :)

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow this is beautiful! I love the warm summery colors :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Heather P. said...

WOWZERS! This is totally stunning! Thank you so much for playing along w/us this week @2S4Y! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Heather P. took the words away from me...WOWZERS was exactly my thought. Stunning card...I hope you win!