Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Calls

I have been amazed by some of the bloggers out there and all their accomplishments with their crafts.  It's also nice to put a face with the names I see in publications like Paper Crafts and Cards.  After I won the Moxie Fab Olympics of Stamping, I learned about 'calls' for publications.  So that's how these talented ladies are getting their work in these magazines!  I submitted some items for publication for Cards and Paper Crafts for their last call, but obviously didn't get anything in (I'm sure I would have been contacted by now), but I'm not giving up! 
Here is a wreath I made for Paper Crafts current call.  It's made of coffee filters and I decorated it to match the card I made (and won with) for the Moxie Fab Olympics of Stamping.  These are the colors I use when I decorate my house for the holidays; Soft Sky blue, Certainly Celery green, pearlized metallic Gold, whites and ivories.  I just LOVE this color combo, it's fresh and clean with lots of wintery-ness (is that a word?).  I embellished the wreath with snowflakes, glitter pearls and buttons.  This probably won't make it either, but it was fun to make!  Since I got the wreath form and coffee filters at the Dollar Tree, this cost me only $3 to make!  My kind of decoration!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

This is stinking ADORABLE! I may have to borrow the idea for Christmas!! I do hope you win!

Anonymous said...

OMG girl! This is amazing! I'm totally going to try this out for Xmas. And seriously, I'm so happy I came across your blog. My mom went kinda coffee filter happy at Costco, so now I have a use for all of them! :D

Anonymous said...

OMG. I love this! It's so beautiful. It blows away my v-day wreath. Keep it up! I have a BRAND new blog. I just featured our Nantucket style home in Oregon. My husband is a custom home builder, so I will be posting LOTS of home photos. cheers, Sarah