Thursday, April 22, 2010

Better late than never?

Last week was a crazy one!  There were so many things I wanted to get done, (creatively) but I had to move other things up the priority list.  Like laundry, cleaning, bathing...just kidding!  I did have to get all those things done, but I also hosted a fundraiser at my house on Thursday, baked a cake for Lily's birthday, made a cheesecake for the fundraiser, and worked as a Special Events Designer again for 4 days.  My old boss had 3 corporate events to produce, one event had over 100 tables so she needed some expertise on her team (I think I broke my arm patting my own back).  How do you ladies handle life and work outside the home?  I am in awe of you!  I barely made it out alive!
I wasn't able to get into my crafting space until the end of the weekend.  I missed all kinds of challenges I like to partake in, and was disappointed that I missed this week's 2S4U event.  They were also checking out all the entries scanning for future Design Team members, so I missed that (tear...weep)  Since I am trying to complete all the challenges I missed, I decided to go ahead and do this challenge now. 
The challenge was to use this sketch and to incorporate SRM stickers.  If you haven't seen these stickers at work, check out the samples the DT made here.  They just disappear into the paper!  I didn't have any of these stickers left, so I  used a card stock sticker from Cosmo Cricket.  I decided to turn the card 45 degrees and used my coveted May Arts silk ribbon stash.  Isn't that ribbon to die for? 

Adore
Card stock:  110 cotton blend ivory, SU! River Rock, Webster Pages designer paper
Inks:  SU! Regal Rose
Accessories:  May Arts olive silk ribbon and pink ric rack velvet ribbon, coral button, Kaiser Craft red rhinestones, Spellbinders oval die, Cosmo Cricket card stock sticker

No comments: