Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Trying new things...

My new Cricut arrived this afternoon! My husband is fearful I may only emerge from my craft room when I need to potty. He's probebly right.

Lily and I spent 4 hours playing with our new toy. She was so eager to make things for everyone she knows, but most things are made for her grandparents. We cut out random flowers, swirls, leaves and shapes for her to play with. She really wanted to tackle the Tinkerbell images, but I thought I should save those for when I'm a bit more knowledgeable.
After Lily went to bed, I decided to tackle the SCS Color challenge CC252 Pretty Mambo Blossoms and combined it with yesterday's technique challenge TLC257. It took me entirely too long to complete this card, but part of it was playing with the Cricut. I've been disapointed with my craftmenship and creativeness with my card creations these last 2 weeks. Hopefully it's just because I'm out of practice. No practicing tomorrow until I get my house in order!


Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, Blush Blossom, Vellum
Stamps: Canvas, French Script, Sincere Salutations
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Blush Blossom, Versamark
Accessories: SU! retired Razzle Berry glitter, Heat-n-stick, glue pen, Pretties kit, primo flower, non-su beads, Cricut Accents

3 comments:

Con said...

LOVE this card. How did you do it...step by step. LOL. I can't figure it out =) PS. maybe your husband can add a "potty" in your craft room.

Jociel said...

Love it Kristin!

Lois said...

so totally awsome !!! congrats on owning a cricut !! what cartridge did you use to make the flourish..that just makes the card !!! again WOW !!