Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lily's Creations

As I created my cards this week, I had a curly headed shadow peeking over my shoulder. On Friday, Lily had a snow day and begged me to make some cards. So I gave her some paper, crayons and markers and some stickers. She was not at all pleased with me. She wanted to make 'mommy cards' using stamps and the 'special' glue tape (snail). I gave her a stamp and her kid stamp pads and thought that would be the end of it. After about 5 minutes and 5 cards, she again said she wanted to make 'mommy cards' with me. So we used one card layout left over from a stamp camp I did a few years back. She loved the colors and using the paper crimper! Her creation is on the left, mine is on the right. We went thru step by step, I showed her how to do it, and she did it all herself. Did I mention she is 5?

After we made this card, she seemed to be satisfied, for about 15 minutes. She came back wanting to make another one. Since it was snowing out, I thought this was a great, easy card for her to make. She used blender pens, punches and a big background stamp too. I think we'll be doing this a lot more together now!

No comments: