Monday, August 18, 2008

Off of cards, for the week...

I know it's been a while, but I haven't been making cards this week. This week I focused on gifts for my BFF's little sister, we are both pregnant with girls and due only 2 weeks apart. So I spent this week creating things for her to give her at her baby shower this past Saturday.
The first items are a set of custom onsies. The one shown is the one I liked the best, it makes me giggle. The image is an iron-on from Joanne's - too cute eh? I stamped the words 'little stinker' with whimsical lower case stamps and craft ink. I thought about using the Stazon...any suggestions? On the back, 'big' is done with Big Deal Alpha and pink fabric paint - the craft in light colors tends to dissapear after 1 wash - and 'stinker' again with the black craft. I made 3 others for her, one with her name 'Natalie', 'princess' and the last, 'Q-T'. All of them had the cute stick figures on them.

The last item I made for her is this...
I am SO impressed with myself. I made it late one night and almost had to wake my hubby up to admire my work! I also had to make another one for my bundle of joy 'cause it's just so darn cute!!! I have now purchased tons more fabric to make more for her and Lily, so they match. Now I can see why my mom had so much fun dressing my sister and I alike.
Well that's it for now. I promise to get back to stamping this week!

3 comments:

mudmaven said...

Those are sooooooo cute! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Kristin,

Not sure if you remember me, I was your secret sis quite a few rounds ago. Anyway...the best inks to stamp on clothing are any of the Pallette inks. They are hybrid inks and once they are heat set they are pretty much permanent. Hope this helps. (You can get them at Papertrey Ink in some awesome colors.)

Anonymous said...

Kristin,

Not sure if you remember me, I was your secret sis quite a few rounds ago. Anyway...the best inks to stamp on clothing are any of the Pallette inks. They are hybrid inks and once they are heat set they are pretty much permanent. Hope this helps. (You can get them at Papertrey Ink in some awesome colors.)