Saturday, August 9, 2008

Verve-a-licious!

I have to say that I love all the images made by Verve Stamps. They are cute, fresh, stylish and fun! I just wish I owned some...but alas, with baby #2 only a few weeks away, my stamping budget is being spent elsewhere. I do enjoy receiving Verve updates from Poetic Artistry, a blog by the company's owner and stamp designer Julee Tilman. Last week was the companies first anniversary and they were having card challenges everyday. Since I was out of town, I'm doing them now.


I made this card for my BFF younger sister, who is having a baby girl (just like me) on the 15th of September. I can only hope my baby decides to come that early, as she is due October 8th, but is likely to arrive early.
I made it using the Verve sketch AVS02, and I used Whisper White (WW), Pretty in Pink (PP), Regal Rose (RR) and 2 designer papers(DP) from Memory Makers. Its a square card, which I almost never make, so it was a great challenge for me. The card base is WW layered with PP and RR. The striped DP is scalloped using the SU scallop punch with holes punched out with the 1/16th punch. Those layers are then wrapped with a retired SU! ribbon (I'm a ribbon and paper horder). The next layer is made with the green polka-dot DP again, punched with the scallop punch, I cut the square in half and attached it to a piece of RR. I layered clear(backed with PP), green and clear green buttons on the RR with mini glue dots around the edge. I then attached my sentiment (For a Friend) which was stamped with Always Artichoke ink and colored in with PP and RR markers, layered on Old Olive paper. I attached the sentiment with 3 layers of dimensionals above the buttons and added PP buttons on top. Finally I made a knot with the retired ribbon and attached it with a mini glue dot.

I'm planning on creating some special gifts for her, as she lost her first baby 3 days after she developed toxemia and had to deliver at 25 weeks early last year. This new baby for her is a gift from God that will be spoiled like the princess she will be!!!

No comments: