Sunday, August 10, 2008

A night of fun

This card so so outside my norm but I really liked how it came out! I spent the evening creating for some me time. I worked ahead of the group (my teachers would be so proud) and did the Verve Anniversary challenge AVS10 early, then realized I couldn't post today. So much for being the early bird!

I'm in a Designer Paper (DP) mood tonight, so the striped paper inspired the colors for this one. The colors used are Certainly Celery (CC), Ruby Red (RR) Pumpin Pie (PP), Perfect Plum (PP2), and lastly, yes it's true, some of it still exists, COOL CARRIBEAN (CC2)!!! I am a paper horder you know. The main panel of RR (run thru the Cuttlebug) and the DP is layered on CC2 and CC with ribbon from Sorbet wrapped around the middle (I wish I could get 10 yards of this stuff!). I layered on 3 panels of PP (again run thru the Cuttlebug) over the ribbon. The sentiment is from 'For a Friend' inked with RR and Lavendar Lace markers. The flame is some 3D glue I got from Michaels with some glitter on it. That is layered on CC and CC2. Finally I added a 1" circle of PP2 with a circle of white uniball ink (traced around a 3/4" circle) cut it in half and added it to the corners. I never would have come up with this sketch on my own, so its good to try something new. I really liked how it came out!

No comments: