Monday, August 25, 2008

I know it's not cards...

But I've really been busy! I just spent the last week preparing and planning my girlfriend's - mom's wedding. It was so much fun to get back into the Special Event planning hat for a week. It kind of makes me miss working in that field...kind of. Being 34 weeks pregant and creating 16 centerpieces, altar pieces and bunches of misc. items for the event made me EXHAUSTED by Saturday night. But it was totally fun, not that I'm ready to do that work full-time again.

Here are some crummy photos of the flowers I did. Each table was a different color or red, pink, purple, yellow, orange and green, with coordinating napkins and accents.




The altar had two lamp posts decorated with flowers on either side. It had a "street" theme.

My camera didn't do a great job capturing the essence of the room. The place for the event was called Snook's Dream Cars in Bowling Green. Ohio. It is a quirky little car museum that could have been really cheezy, but was done with great attention to detail and I loved it! They have done a great job getting not only beautiful antique cars, but have set up a great atmosphere and other car related memorialbilia and antique games that feature a car theme. My husbands favorite was the Drunk-o-Meter, that shocked you based on how drunk you are and how well you play the game. He is now commited to finding one for his "man cave". If you are at all into cars - which I am not - or even have someone in your life that is, check this place out next time your in town. It's a quick visit.
All in all, it was a great time, the bride and groom are in love, too adorable, and enjoy each other's company, what more can you ask for?







No comments: