Sunday, August 10, 2008

Polkadot Imperfection

So as I sat up creating for a while last night, I started off with a bang, and ended up at a whisper. Let me show you...
This card was the last one I did, it's for the Verve Anniversary challenge AVS06. Notice how the words are not center in the circle, and how my brads on either side have a different placement? I think I may have dosed off while making this one. Anyhow, I used SU! colors Basic Black (BB), Certainly Celery (CC) and Old Olive (OO). I stamped the OO with the Polka-dot background stamp with OO ink, then wraped the corners with a wide black and white polka-dot ribbon. I layered that on BB. The center circle is from 'Sage Advice', it's probebly one of my favorite quotes. I stamped it with Versamark on CC Designer Prints paper and cut it out - incorrectly- with my Colluzle (I don't have Nestabilities yet). The scallop edge is from Quickutz and I cut out BB, then made more polka-dots with my uniball white gel pen. The side panels is the ribbon and I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes for the brads. I didn't notice the brads were off until after I had finished the card. Oh well! The whole thing is on a Whisper White card body.

No comments: