Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Chinoiserie Blues

 Hi all!

What is the state of your crafting space?  Since Christmas, my has been a DISASTER, and with being so busy, it stayed that way until yesterday.  I was able to FINALLY get in the studio, clean-up and do some much needed re-organizing!  It's not 100%, but its definitely getting there.  Enough to where I was able to sit down and get some projects and challenges completed.

Color Hues current challenge inspired this card.  I'm a sucker for all things Chinoiserie, which is exactly what this color combo calls for!  I received this month's Create Your Life kit from Altenew called Loving You.  Its so pretty and delicate.  I was able to make several items using this set, so you'll see it a bunch over the next few weeks.

This card started by heat embossing the main image on white card stock with white embossing powder. Using Sea Glass Crisp Dye ink, I ink blended the entire piece of cardstock so the embossed image would pop off the paper.  

The included stencil made inking this detailed flowers very easy!  The Cool Summer Night color family did the trick and helped to create the bold blues needed to create the beautiful chinoiserie look.

Keeping the card simple, the sentiment was stamped and heat embossed on white vellum.  An old My Favorite Things Folded Fishtail Banner die was used to cut out the sentiment and add it to the card front.  I think I'll save this and give it to my mom for Valentines day...she is obsessed with blue and white decor and this will be right up her alley.

That's it for now!  Back to cleaning...have a colorful day!


4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely, Kristin!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful card Kristin and works so perfectly with our challenge colors! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Marcia (DT)

Nancy said...

This is wonderful, Kristin! Also, wonderful news that you are getting cleaned out and organized. Nothing better! Thanks for playing along with Color Hues, we really appreciate it.

Stef Perry said...

What a beautiful card, Kristin! Love the delicate flowers decorating the large sentiment. I too took time to finally clean up and organize after the holidays - a new label maker helped get me going on that lol! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Color Hues!