Sunday, January 21, 2024

Cozy Cold Colors

 Hi all!

Still figuring out how to work my new computer with photo editing.  It's always been a challenge...before, using my iphone to my Windows computer via Lightroom.  Now my phone and computer 'talk' to each other, but I can't figure out the Lightroom on the iMac.  Ahhh...first world problems!  I am grateful for all that I have, even though I hate technology.  In the meantime, I've made a card for the current Color Throwdown and Triple  B challenges, their color combos are very similar and just spoke to me!


Such gorgeous soft colors together!  I will have to save this combo in my bank for a future card...


I'm trying to decide if my blue wasn't 'dusty' enough.  I used Altenew Blush, Pinkalicous, Misty Morning and Cloudy Sky Crisp Dye inks for the flower and the leaves.  The blush was applied in 2 layers, I didn't want to go too red since the next color in the family was Rouge...definately not a blush.


The background was in my scrap bin, and made from Altenew's Fine Frames Cover Die set.  Using the rubber mat that came with my die cutting machine, the die was embossed onto the white card stock, then die cut it onto gold mirror paper.  


Some my think I'm crazy for having the scrap bins...they are even catagorized by theme so items can be found easily...and they certainly came in handy for this card! This sentiment from Essential Sentiments was in there, which is perfect for my bestie going through some hard times right now.  Snail mail hugs to the rescue!

That's it for today...If you have any suggestions for how to use an apple computer, please share!  I'm eager to learn some tricks!  Have a colorful day!



4 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card, the colours are so pretty.

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, you might find this video helpful for making a four step card. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38GUqYu2TFY

Diane said...

A gorgeous floral card, I too save all my scraps, they sure come in handy to make beautiful cards, like yours!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Lisa H. said...

so beautiful! I love the background with this lovely floral. the gold touches are awesome!

Broni said...

This is so pretty, Kristin! I love all the touches of gold! I'm so glad you played along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!