Saturday, October 26, 2019

Soft support

I have discovered I don't tend to make sympathy cards unless I need them.  It's just not something I gravitate toward I guess.

I found a challenge last week with this color story and I thought I'd try it.  The colors are so soft and pretty, a change from the bright colors I've been using all week.  I kept with the grey to work this card into the CASology challenge this week, FOG and the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge All About Occasions




 The daisy was created using Soft Lilac and Lavender Fields.  The first layer was with Soft Lilac stamped off and stamped 3 times.  The second layer using the same ink without stamping off.  The third layer was stamped with Lavender Fields then the 4th was double stamped to increase the depth of the color.

The background was stamped on grey card stock using the Gentleman's Grey ink set.  Just a little hint of leaves to carry the eye across the card but not distract from the daisy image.  The added thread was a first for me.  I like the tiny amount if interest it added.

The card was finished with white and black water color splattered paint and a sentiment from Sentiment Strips and a couple of sequins.

I hope you have a colorful weekend!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Your colour choices are so effective, Kristin! It gives a wonderfully soft, delicate look to your card! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful soft colors! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love the soft colours against the grey. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.