Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Its getting better?

Put your feet up and relax, I'm sure it's been a busy day.

I took a step back from the complex image from yesterday and decided to tackle the Beautiful Peony stamp set.  It is a fussy image, but I thought if I embossed the image, it would be easier to watercolor?

I was right!  I decided to emboss it with copper bling embossing powder, just to make it a little 'extra'.  I used my Japanese watercolors for these....and since I don't know Japanese, I can't tell you the name of the colors....it has a large variety of reds and oranges to use.  Painting with the embossing powder is so much easier!  The raised embossed areas keep the water where it needs to stay and you can just tap the color into the place.  Easy peezey!  I didn't emboss the leaves so they were harder to create, and the ink moved a bit when I painted them.

I decided the card needed a minty green paper background with ink blended with Volcano Lake on the lower left corner of the paper and added splatters when I was done.  A piece from the Fine Frames Cover Die cut from white card stock was added to bring the eyes to the focal point.

To bring in more copper, the sentiment is die cut from a shimmer yardstick left over from my wedding 5 years ago....I never throw anything away.....  It added the perfect amount of shimmer!

I'll be teaching all day tomorrow, so I'm hopeful I can get my creating in.

Have a colorful day!!


No comments: