Sunday, October 27, 2019

Graduation and a new program

I't so great to see you here!  Thanks for stopping by...

I was very excited to have graduated from Level 1 of the AECP program!  That last project was HUGE and took me forever to get completed.  I'm now onto my next level of the program.  The first class is Beyond Basic Backgrounds taught by Lydia Evans.  This post is FILLED with techniques, so I thought I'd enter them all in the Just Add Ink challenge this week, 'add a technique'!  Kind of apropos...

This first card focuses on perfect spacing with a repeating background.  I created a card with this technique right here in the last level.  With this one, I decided to challenge myself with different shapes that need to fit like a puzzle.  The Follow Your Arrow set is perfect for this!

The background is first ink blended with a rainbow of colors!

Next, using a MISTI, lay out the arrows in a square formation with even spacing between each arrow.  Stamping with Versafine Black ink, rotate your paper in the MISTI and stamp until the entire paper is covered.

Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment in white on black paper, then repeat the processes with the long arrow in black on white paper.  Using the inks from the background and a watercolor brush, color in the arrow to match the background.  Color in edges around the arrow with a black artist marker. 

This next card uses Water Bleaching for the background.  Now, I don't have any Distress inks....I know, shocker!....and water didn't work with my Altenew inks very well.  I decided to try spraying rubbing alcohol on my stamps then stamp.  It worked perfectly!  BUT....

Use the rubbing alcohol sparingly, as it's not really good for your stamps.  Again, the background was created by ink blending ink with Lagoon, Volcano Lake and Just Green.  The stamp is placed in the MISTI, as you need to stamp twice to make the effect happen.

Finally, the sentiment is stamped and die cut.  Add a few splatters and some simple sequins for some interest!  The layout for this card was inspired by this week's layout from Freshly Made Sketches.  It's a great place to get ideas if your stuck for a layout.


Lastly, this creation is QUITE the color explosion!  Using freezer paper and the Snowflakes Layered Cover dies from Altenew and their 36 Watercolor Pan set, each space is colored with a color of the rainbow.....sorry the photo is terrible!....

Once the panel is dry, the Mega happy die is used to cut out the sentiment from the decorated panel and 5 white pieces of card stock.  Then glitter glue in various colors is added to make it just that much more 'extra'.

This isn't a card I would give just anyone, but this is perfect for my littlest one.  She is my crafty extra girl!....just like her mama....

It's my least favorite of the 3, but I LOVE the technique and know I'll be using it often.

Alright!  Have a very colorful day!




2 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

Okay so the last card is your least favourite but I LOVE IT! There is so much LOVE in it! I am sure your daughter will go bonkers over it! Love the arrow card too, it is SO cool!! Very unisex too. And the second card is super elegant. Always a treat coming to your blog.
Thank you for entering your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

Nikki Spencer said...

Wow! What a fabulous array of techniques and creative loveliness! Thanks for sharing these great projects at Just Add Ink.