Thursday, October 24, 2019

My favorite so far...

I'm continuing with my challenge, and I have to admit I LOVE this card!  I was inspired by my AECP For the Guys class, where Jen Razza used Warhol to inspire masculine cards.  You can see my original post for the class here where I used the same inspiration with bow ties.  When I began to play with the colors for this flower, I thought of that class and our Warhol inspiration!

Used my Misti to create a jig.  it took some trial and error.  I had my card stock cut at a local Office Max and the card panels were NOT straight....I won't say which one....Airport Hwy Toledo.....  So disappointing since the Neenah paper is not cheap.  Lots of trial and error but I was able to crank out about 10 great daisies!  These 4 were my favorites out of the lot.  I'll be using the others for another project.  You can check out the video on how I created the jig below.

When creating the color combos, you will still want to use the varying values of the colors.  In other words, your base stamp will be the lightest color, the second stamp the second lightest and so forth.  For example, the first daisy....which is my favorite!....started off with Altenew's Sunkissed ink for the first image, Orange Cream for the second, then I moved over to Deep Iris ink and Midnight Violet for the final color.  Unexpected color combos are a great way to spice up your stamp usage!

Keeping the layout and the sentiment simple, allows for the daisy image to really shine! With that in mind, I'm entering this card in the Addicted to Stamps Challenge this week, Clean and Simple!


What kind of color combos can you come up with?

Have a colorful day!

1 comment:

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colours you have used for the flowers. Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon! Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
Nandini – Design Team member, ATSM Challenges!