Monday, October 21, 2019

A new challenge...

Good morning to you!  I know your life is probably filled with all kinds of projects and responsibilities, so I’m glad you’re taking time out of your busy schedule to visit me.

Like you, I’m a crazy busy person!  With 2 kids, hubby, dog, work, volunteer work, party planning (3 coming up in 6 weeks) and maintaining our household, my time is limited.  With all that going on, I have also come to appreciate the need for ‘me’ time.  It just makes me a better mom, and I like being the best mom I can be!

SO...I have decided give myself permission to have a little ‘me’ time each day to create.  I know myself well enough, that if i’ts not set as a priority and I don’t have someone to be accountable to it, I will easily give up MY time to take care of others.  With that knowledge, I’ve given myself a challenge to stick to; Create each day, using the same stamp set during the week.  I chose that as my theme, as I tend to gravitate to the same tried and true sets in my library, leaving others to gather dust and not see the light of day!  I hope challenging myself will keep my creating juices moving AND in being accountable to you, it gives myself permission to shirk my ‘duties’ for a short time!


I decided to start off this challenge using Altenew’s Sunflower Daisy stamp/die/mask set.  I’ve had this set since May and have only really used it twice!  I love sunflowers which drew me to this set.  Having been a florist in a former life, you should know the image is perfect to use for either a sunflower or a Gerbera daisy....hence the name I suppose....  I use a Misti when using this set, as I can make multiple flowers by setting up a jig and cranking them out in any color combination I can think of!

This card was incredibly simple to create.  The background panel is one I had in my back-up stash.  I made it organically over the course of a few weeks.  I have a habit of cleaning my blending brushes on a clean piece of cardstock based on color.  This panel used a combination of the colors from the Sweet Dreams and Sea Shore ink sets from Altenew, I used them both recently when I created this card set earlier this month.  Each time I would use inks with my blending tool, I rub them On the clean cardstock until no more ink comes off.  It creates a lovely variegated background with tons of depth!....I can’t let that ink go to waste!....  When I feel the piece of cardstock is lovely and full of color....which usually takes a few cards....I will stick it in my stash for future use!...its quite convenient....  Then paint splatters were added using Teal Cave ink with a watercolor brush and a little black watercolor to add some interest and stamped the solid non-layered leaf images in Grass Field and Shadow Creek to ground the main image.

Next, the sunflower image is stamped out using the Warm and Cosy ink set from Altenew.  The color is intense in person!  To bring your eyes to the center of the card, several die cuts from Fine Frame Rectangle set were used and placed in a random pattern.  The 3 frames were then adhered using spray adhesive and run through my die cutter so they adhere well the the panel.

The sunflower image was then added in the corner and the sentiment from Fancy Words was added in Versfine black ink.  Finally, who doesn’t like a little bling?  Iridescent sequins were added instead of clear to add a subtle variation of color.

I hope you’ll continue to join me this week as I showcase and challenge myself to use the Sunflower Daisy set.

Thanks for being here and have a colorful day!














No comments: