Friday, October 25, 2019

Craftin' away!

I've been so busy baking for our holiday cookie party and crafting in the studio, I almost forgot to post my creation for the day!

 I know...it's like vintage wallpaper.  It's just so bright and pretty IRL, and SUPER easy to re-create!
I started by using my 'rub off' yellow ink panel....it's how I clean my blend brushes....and added a bit more ink in the corners.  Then, using the Altenew 36 Watercolor Pan set, I splattered some Warm Sunshine paint across it as well as some clean water splatters.

The daisy is incredibly bright using the Altenew Red Cosmos ink set, and with the green leave using the Green Valley inks...it's awesome!  It reminds me Dorothy Draper fabric, like this one...
 Oh, how I SWOON over this fabric!!  I sooo love it...  Anyhoo.  I kept the layout simple so the daisies would shine.

Stamping the solid leave images from the set in the yellow for the background, helps to tie everything together and also ground the daisy, so it doesn't look like it's just floating there in space!   The sentiment was added in the center of the layout to keep it from looking like an after thought sticking it in the corner or something.  Finally a few sequins.....I'm sure Dorothy would approve.....

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a colorful weekend, and I'll hopefully see you tomorrow!


No comments: