Saturday, March 9, 2024

Alcohol Marker Magic

 Using Altenew's Alcohol Markers to create some MAGIC!

Hi all!

How did you kiddos figure out there is no such thing as Santa, or the Easter Bunny? 11 years ago, when I tried to surprise her with a gift for St. Patty's Day, my eldest daughter found out.  

I was HEAVILY Pinterest-influenced to create something 'magical' with little foot prints and butterscotch chip poops around the house, along with some gold chocolate coins in a little jar...to see what I made, check it out here.  She was appalled I wasn't mad that some little man was pooping and leaving little green prints all over our house!  That's when she caught on.  It was an EPIC fail, as she asked if the Leprechaun was real and I admitted it wasn't, she then asked about the tooth fairy.  I couldn't lie, and that's when the floodgates unfolded.  With wide eyes, she went through every magical being she grew up believing in....the Easter bunny.  Tinkerbelle...that was a big one for her....then finally, Santa.  It was a sad day for sure.  Everytime St. Patty's comes around, I think of that day.  The end of her 'innocence'...I can laugh about it now, but boy did I sure feel TERRIBLE about it!


When I saw the challenges posted for this month, mostly St Patty's Day-themed, I thought about this old stamp set and decided to pull it out.  For this card, I went with the Festive Friday Challenge which is paired with the Double Trouble Challenge.  This card checks off all the requirements for both challenges... green, gold, gold embellishments Leprechaun, and a shamrock.

I am trying to develop my alcohol coloring skills and this adorable very old set from Paper Smooches called A Magical Spring is helping out with that.  It also has a bunny with Easter stamps to go with it...only downfall...lots of fussy cutting.  Altenew's Green Valley and Warm & Cozy collection of green markers and orange markers, Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow, Industrial Diamond, and Blush were used to color him in.  

Since I was using an old set, I went with an old layout with old patterned papers, a bit of foiled paper scrap, and an embossing folder.  I have always liked this type of layout, it kind of gives a mixed-media vibe.

It's finished off with some yellow flat sequin disks, which give off a gold-green kind of color.  

I will be sending this off to my eldest at college...I wonder if she remembers the story behind this set?

Have a colorful day!

3 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

How cute! Great use of the banners behind that image too. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and at Festive Friday!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that sentiment and the leprechaun is precious! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

First of all, welcome to your first challenge with us at Double Trouble. Love Paper Smooches fun stamps and cute sentiments... your card is adorable, loved the story about your daughter and even went to your previous link to veiw St. Patrick's Day year's ago. It's fun when you see scrapper's still use loved stamps from their stash and still a part of your scrapping inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble "You're Pinch Proofed" and Festive Friday Inspo List. Please come back for future fun challenges at Double Trouble to see what Things 1, 2 and 3 are up to and who we partner with.