Saturday, March 9, 2024

Playing with Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste

Fun with Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste and stencils!

Hi all!

What products have you been loving lately?  I've been on a Simon Hurley Lunar Paste kick! Ever since I made this card for Valentine's Day, I can't seem to stop using them.  I've graduated from colored card stock, and now I'm adding them to ink-blended panels with multiple colors and the results have been so fun!



Since I have the Tropical Tango and Fake Plant, I thought I'd enter the current Color Hues challenge turquoise and green as well as the current JUGS challenge, green, lime green and another color...which is obviously turquoise!  It's a great color combination, fresh and trendy.

The main panel is started by ink blending Altenew's Lagoon and Grass Field inks, each on 1/2 of the card stock.  Using the Simon Says Stamps Hearty Tweed stencil set, the 2 Lunar pastes were added on the opposite colors. Fake Plant onto the Lagoon ink...bottom...and Tropical Tango on the deep lime green Grass Field ink...at the top.  Due to the colors being so close together in hues, the effect is very subtle, but so very pretty!

To not compete with the beautiful background, the simple white flower from Altenew's Bellflower die set seemed the perfect fit.  It's a beautiful die set, with the new keyhole system so it's incredibly easy to assemble and add to your projects.

The card was finished off with a sentiment I found in my sentiment stash bucket from Altenew's Classic Greetings stamp and die set and some turquoise sequins.  I forget I have this sentiment stamp set, which is a shame because its wonderful!   I will need to whip up a bunch so I can have them on hand.  

Now, go play with some Lunar pastes if you have some, they are worth the effort!

Have a colorful day!



8 comments:

Hannelie said...

Wow! I love the contrast of the white focal point against that amazing background!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues, Kristin!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That background is so pretty and makes a perfect backdrop for the gorgeous florals. That Lunar Paste was a great choice on this beauty. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Lisa Elton said...

Your pretty white flowers look terrific on your fancy, shimmery background! Thanks for sharing this with us at Just Us Girls, Kristin!

cm said...

Beautiful background and oh, how wonderful the white flowers you've paired it with. So lovely! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues.
~carol

Nancy said...

I just got my hands on some Lunar paste and have yet to crack the seal. This card was just what I needed to motivate me. Gorgeous job and thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

Carol said...

So pretty Kristin! I have not used Lunar paste but like the results you got. Love the idea of the white flowers on the busier background. GREAT card! Thanks for playng along at Just Us Girls with us!

Tracey McNeely said...

The Lunar Paste is so lovely on your card as a dimensional background. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

JulieP said...

Your background is amazing and I love how it sets off the gorgeous white floras too. Just beautiful!!! Thanks so much for playing with Color Hues.