Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Are they real???

Triple B Challenge, are those birds REAL?

Hi all!

Have you seen the challenge photo for Triple B this week?  Are those birds real??  I need some if they are, they are breathtaking.  It's a perfect photo for the challenge, so kudos to whoever chose it, it inspired me to do the challenge!

I don't have many bird stamps, dies, or stencils.  The ones I do are very stylized and didn't really fit the tulip I knew I had to use for this challenge.  I've challenged myself to use all the items in my stash that have never seen the light of day...or ink... and unfortunately, quite a few items fit that description.  I think I have a collecting problem...I'm sure many can relate😂!

The tulip is a gorgeous image and sentiment from Alex Siberia Designs called Tulip Treasure.  This set has a stamp, die, and stencil sets as well as a hot foil plate...which would have come in handy for this card, but I didn't invest in that one. This is the open tulip image.  They have others that are more closed, but there is something special about an open tulip.  They are reminiscent of Finish trompe l'oeil paintings, just beautiful!  

The inks for the tulip are Pink Diamond and Pinkalicous inks, and for the stem and greens, Mint Choco, Limeade and Lime inks.  The greenery inks were never used before either, so that was a bonus.  After stenciling the tulip, the outline and sentiment were heat embossed with Antique Gold embossing powder and die cut with the coordinating die set.

The background, frame die and butterfly are from the Create & Connect event Pink Fresh put on last week, they should be available soon, but they haven't given a time-line yet.  Keep your eyes peeled for them, they're a must-have!  A bit of Dew Drops ink was added to the background to make the tulip pop then a few iridescent enamel dots were added in keeping with the color theme.  The corners of the card were trimmed off by hand which is the perfect finishing touch.

Let me know if those birds are real...and if I can get some...  Have a colorful day!

No comments: