Thursday, March 7, 2024

My dog ate my homework...

The NEW Altenew Rustic Rose stamp set is apparently delicious!

Hi all!

My dogs LOVE being in the art studio with me!  I have developed this habit of giving them treats...aka Cheerios...when they come in and immediately sit in their 'place', so they get very excited whenever I grab the keys to head out there.  It's adorable really...I mean, look at these faces...how could I resist?

Can anyone resist those eyes??  They are great company out here and like to grab pieces of paper that may miss the trashcan and rip them to shreds....it makes them so proud when they do that.  So Penny...the white and brown one, which is my baby...was SHOCKED when I yelled the other day.  You see, I did not notice I had dropped one of my cards on the floor when organizing and putting them away.  5 minutes later, I hear the rip of paper, look over, and there she is in all her glory....with this card in her mouth!

She's so darn cute...and yes, that photo was staged for your viewing pleasure, but look at that corner!  I did give her a treat after scaring her when it happened.  I couldn't let her think I was mad at her...

Here it is...sans the dog bites...for the current Triple B challenge.  Altenew's new Rustic Rose set has SO much detail!  If you are a watercolor aficionado, this is a set you would want in your arsenal.  Jaycee Gaspar made the most beautiful card with this stamp set, check out his talented work with it in the gallery on the Altenew site.  It is breathtaking!

For this rose, layers and layers of watercolors were placed down to create the depth of the rose.  "The more you do it, the better you get" my college professor would say...I didn't like her too much so I never really connected with the medium.  BUT...with this new Altenew release which included this set and the Paint and Stamp series sets?  I may have converted to the watercolor side...

The background was created by just plopping down watercolor paints along the bottom of my paper with a few splatters...that is easy enough!  The card was finished off with the included sentiment stamped with Altenew Obsidian ink and a few black enamel dots.  And there you have it!  A perfect snack for your furry friend!

Hope you enjoyed the anecdotes of my little fur babies, they are such a joy...most times!  Have a colorful day!


No comments: