Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's Magically Delicious!

.....I'm an old jingle kind of girl....  Well, here it is, my last post as the February Guest Designer for Paper Smooches!....*tear*....  It has been wonderful!  Kim is SO amazing and her stamps are equally as awesome!....!!!can you tell I like them?!!!....  I'll stop squealing now.

As soon as I saw the 'A Magical Spring' stamp set I knew I had to pull out gold foil chocolate coins.  They hold a very special place in my girls hearts.  When they were both potty training, they would get a yellow M&M for piddles and a gold chocolate coin for brownies....I'm telling you it works.....  When ever they see those coins they always mention I would give them for their potty accomplishments.


I've made 2 of these cute leprechauns for the girls for St. Patty's day.  I little bit of magic for them when they get home from school....don't want to sugar them up before....





My original plan was to make a little black cauldron....which I may still do.....but car accident issues put that project aside on Monday.  I thought the jar was a good second choice, that way they can see all the shamrock coins!  I covered the lid with Gold Glitter Zing embossing powder that I picked up from my stand by product site, Simon Says Stamp!  Who knew it would work so well on metal?  AND that it would cover so well?  I'm also adding this to today's SSS challenge, Anything Goes.  They're using Tim Holtz items for their creations, but I only have his distressing ink, and it really didn't work for this project.  Perhaps I'll ignore the dishes and go create some more!


Now - GO GET THIS SET!!!  It's so darn adorable!!!!

2 comments:

Dawny P said...

This is super sweet :) Love what you did with the coins and the card is fab. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

Heather said...

What an adorable story!! Your card is a fabulous design and colours - a sweet image and details. I love your gorgeous gold coloured coins.

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx