Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Tag-a-Polooza! - INKSPIRATIONAL WINNER!

 Hi all!

Do you make your own gift tags for the holidays?  I always have the good intentions of getting them made, but life always seems to get in the way of those intentions...UNTIL today!!  I spend the entire day making elaborate tags for some homemade items I will be giving to loved ones. SO much fun...and I used up a very small amount of my enormous scrap paper stash.

  

I unfortunately do no have a live tree in my home...I love the smell of them, but not the mess.  Homemade simmering potpourri to the rescue!  I made from dried oranges and apples, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, cranberries and rosemary.  Pop the contents of the jar into a pot and simmer on your stove for a beautiful and non-chemical smelling Christmas!  These are winter and holiday themed so I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the Time Out Challenge DT call.  They aren't your typical colors or themes for this challenge, hopefully it will make me stand out ;)!

These tags coordinate with the natural look of the potpourri, not my normal aesthetic, but I do love to coordinate gifts with their wrapping.  I pulled out all the stops for these, using nearly every vendor of crafty goodness I have in my stash!  The oranges are from The Greetery, they're so beautiful and natural looking.  The sentiments are from Simon Says Stamp, Elegant Modern Christmas which I love,.  I even made a few with 'Feliz Navidad' for our Spanish speaking friends...they'll love that touch.  I can't forget to mention the Wood Cookie from Altenew, it's a great size for a tag base!   

Since I decided to use up my crafting supplies for this project, I had to add some glitter from my ginormous stash on half of these.  It's perfect for the Inkspirational challenge for this week...subtle glitter...not in your face, but effective?  I think the chunky glitter lends its self to ice on the branching?  Either way, you can never go wrong with a little sparkle, am I right?  

I made over a dozen of these today, and to keep this post from getting too long, I'm going to share them on a reel over on my Instagram if you're into that sort of thing and want to see them all!  



Thanks for stopping by today, have a colorful day!


4 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Kristin... love your tags! Very Florida... Thanks for joining and sharing at Time Out this week.

Bobby said...

You may have inspired me to get that orange die, Kristin. I loved it when I first saw it and I love it even more now that I've seen your wonderful tags. I don't remember that wood cookie die but it worked beautifully as the background for the greens and slices. Thanks for sharing your tags with us at Time Out.

Julia Aston said...

What lovely potpourri tags Kristin! I would not think of orange slices for Christmas but they sure work on these! Beautiful designs with all your die cuts - thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Glitter! Julia xx

cm said...

Hello...dropping in to say your lovely and incredibly creative potpourri tags are a Top Pick at Inkspirational. Thank you so much for joining and sharing your talents with us! Merry Christmas!
~carol