Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Crafty Sisters!

 Hi all!

It's another Sisterhood of Crafters post today!  This time we are focusing on CHRISTMAS and we are sadly saying goodbye to our dear DT member Ina.  She has been an amazing inspiration to our group and we are sad to see her go, but happy she is on to more fun things in her future!  Please participate this time around and help us give her a BIG sisterly send off!

This card was made with Altenew's Nordic Vines foil and die set.  If you love anything Scandinavian...which I do...then this is an amazing foil set for you.  Since this set is incredibly versatile, the graphic nature of the image can be used ANY time of the year!  


Scandinavian art reminds me of Walt Disney World's 'It's a Small World' ride.  I know the song is annoying, but it's one of my most favorite rides at the park, and I always made my family go on it with me every time we were there.  I especially love the main entrance area, the white sparkly with glitter and gold accents inspired this card...can you tell?

The background was a bit fiddly, the Circle Quilt cover plate die was cut twice, then pieced together to fill the entire space with the pattern.  It was a labor of love, and I really do love how it came out!

Both the foil plates from the Nordic Vines set were used for this card, after foiling and die cutting the images, they were stacked one on top of the other down the left side of the slimline card.  It's finished off with the Joyful Greetings die and stamp set.

That's it for today, I hope you have a colorful, sing-along-song kind of day!




7 comments:

Diane said...

It's a gorgeous slimline card, elegant and classy! Have a very Merry Christmas! Diane TSH

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL! The gold & white is so elegant! Such a gorgeous DT project to inspire us all! Merry Christmas!

I Card Everyone said...

Would you believe I've NEVER had a Disney experience? Thanks for sharing that photo - I totally see your inspiration for this lovely card!
=]

Ina G said...

What a super duper card you have created here Kristie. That die is fabulous. Great background and lovely sentiment. Thanks for the lovely comment and hope to get time to play in some more challenges in blogland in the New Year.

Bonnie said...

You have captured the wonder of the season perfectly. So exciting to see all your creative juices flowing with the heat press.

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful design and gorgeous image most stunning creative card x

Carol L said...

This is so beautiful with the wonderful background and foiled images. It really does have a Scandinavian flair and does somehow remind one of that Disney ride! I agree, that song is annoying! So annoying I wanted to jump out of the boat halfway through the ride LOL